Sunday, August 9, 2009

New rug

I went to the Monte Vista Fiber Festival a couple of weeks ago and saw a Mennonite lady weaving a rug on a loom there at the festival. The rugs were so beautiful I inquired what it would cost for a six foot runner for our rig. She quoted me $45 so I ordered one in blues and browns with a little red and white. In one week I picked up my new rug at the South Fork Farmer's Market. Isn't it beautiful? It is all cotton and can be machine washed and dried on a line - no dryer, please. So I'll probably drape it over several chairs under the awning.




Oh, it's 10 pm and we have to shut off the generator and thus the computer, so good night for now and remember, you are very much loved!

2 comments:

  1. I love you new rug! What day is the market - I may want one too.
    Love and Hugs Lesle

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are YOU going to start making them? It is beautiful.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.