Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Picnic with Naomi

I had to go into Alamosa for a routine blood test, so I set up having a "picnic" at the nursing home patio with my girlfriend, Naomi. She'll be 94 in January and we've been friends for 26 years, both being members of Beta Sigma Phi. When she broke her hip 14 years ago and I started doing her shopping, taking her to doctor's visits and running errands as her only family is 200 miles away. Naomi taught school for 39 years and is as sharp as a tack. We have great conversations of "the old days" during the Depression and WWII. Very interesting lady!


I bought some fried chicken (a favorite of hers also), macaroni salad, Greek salad and ambrosia for dessert. We giggled and remembered old times having picnics in the woods with church activities.
I finally found a local source for the Mediterranean Spa Olive Oil Body Butter that I like. It is $25 a tub but lasts me two years, so that's not bad. I'm so happy to have a full tub again as I was literally scraping the bottom of the container this morning.
I also went to the local quilt store and picked out fabric for a quilt for our great-granddaughter to be born in November. Yes, our youngest grandson is going to be a daddy at 20 years old. Right name is planned to be "Rayne" which they said means "Strength" - in what culture I'm not sure. We kiddingly asked if the middle name was going to be "Storm" or "Shower"???? We all got a big laugh from that.
Oops, dinner is ready so I have to go. Jim made blueberry pancakes and sausage patties - yum!!!
Remember - you are loved!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbie, I remember you talking about Naomi. Bet she loved the picnic with you. Say Hi to Jim, too! Did you hear that the Dengates, Solomans and Genos had a mini-rang in Michigan with out us? Can you imagine.... :) !! Sure brought back good memories of Colorado last summer. See you this winter. Hugs, J&C

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.