Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dinner Mishap

Jim asked for a tuna casserole for dinner….sure, I can do that.  Oops, don’t have any mushroom soup.  That’s OK, I’ll drive to City Market after I finish doing laundry (8 mile drive into Granby).

So after finishing laundry I do that…get the mushroom soup and even bought some frozen peas to add to it.

Come home about 4 p.m. oops, one of the camphosts wants me to check his paperwork to see if he’s doing it right.

So 5 p.m. and Jim is still involved in setting up a new 6.5 KW generator that he’s been working on since 9 a.m.  That’s OK I’ll just cook up the macs and peas and wait for him to come home to finish it off.

On comes 6:15 p.m. and Jim comes home.  We tell each other about our day while I preheat the oven and put the finishing touches on the tuna casserole.  We’re talking, sharing…..I make a roux, add milk to make a white sauce….then I grate cheese and add it, add a little cayenne….mix it into the macs and peas, add a little diced onions….grate more cheese on top and pop it into the oven to heat up and melt the cheese.

Then 30 minutes I take it out of the oven and serve it up…..Jim has a second serving, complimenting me on the taste as he always does. Then after dinner I clean up and wash dishes……

OMG what’s that on the counter?????

It’s a can of mushroom soup and a can of tuna fish!!!!!!

I got distracted talking to Jim and ended up making macaroni and cheese for dinner instead of a tuna casserole.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Guess what we’re having for dinner tomorrow???

You are loved.
Read the story behind this saying HERE

 

7 comments:

  1. Jim liked it so he doesn't have to know. ;-) Wait a couple of days so he doesn't question a repeat of the (sans) tuna casserole on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the problem with multi-tasking for us "experienced," citizens. How Funny! :-) I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny girlfriend!!! Still laughing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that with a cake one time. Wondered why it was boiling in the oven…turned around to see the flour on the counter. DOH!
    At least yours turned out to be not only edible but good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. butterbean carpenterAugust 5, 2013 at 7:16 AM

    Howdy B&J,
    Now, you'll have to go back to the store for more macaroni!!!

    Y'all are too, also...

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.