Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week seven done!

Yippeeee – we finished up week seven working at amazon.com and have only 24 working days to go….oh, maybe that will change since Jim and I are going back to “E” shift the week of Thanksgiving.

We use to say “at amazon.com things change on a dime”; then it was “change on a penny”; now it’s “at amazon.com things change on a ha’penny” or British half-penny.  And amazon.com’s ability TO change is one of the reason for their great success, IMHO.

Part of that change had me moving from E shift over to A shift because we began to have seasonal campers in that shift and there wasn’t a coach available to them; so Jim and I changed shifts.  Now a month later there are too many seasonal workers on A shift for me to effectively handle by myself and another coach is needed.  The easiest way to accomplish that was for Yvonne and Bob Baker to move to A shift and for me to return to E shift to work with coach, Jerry Fuller.  Those who know me also know I LOVE change, so this was fine with us.

This way we will be off on the weekends along with our friends and can enjoy their company more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last night we joined the Deacon’s campfire and three other couples.  They had ordered a few pizzas to share, but they did it after a few drinks. When the pizza was delivered the address on the box said for “drunk amazon workers”. That must have been a hilarious phone order. We laughed so hard reading that we had to take a photo which Larry Harmon immediately posted on his Facebook page and I stole from it.

drunk pizza

Remember, you are loved.

3 comments:

  1. I read MOUNTAINBORN CHRONICLES http://mountainborn.blogspot.com/ and it must have been a good pizza party..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Partying? You guys???? Surely not! :) !!
    Sounded like a fun one! Best wishes on your last 24 days. Hugs, Jan and Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a "hoot" I'll have to share that with the KS Amazon crowd! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.