Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sewing and eating

After returning to Bushnell from visiting my 1960 classmate, Suzanne Densmore, we invited friends, Bill and Lesle, over for dinner. Bill and Jim went to town to buy ribs, while I made potato salad.

We had a great dinner of barbequed, St. Louis style meaty ribs, baked beans, potato salad and Lesle made delicious garlic bread. It was all topped off with left over gooey brownies - yummy meal.

Then we all went to the club house for an evening of cards. We play cards or dominoes several times a week. Fulltimers are very often big time card players, as it occupies the evenings, especially when we are out boondocking (without electricity). There is always a lot of teasing, laughing or for me, snorting. As I have grown older I have learned to control my snorting-type laughing ususally, but sometimes.......like when our friend, Paul, starts snorting himself to get me going.....well, it isn't pretty!!!

I started working on a quilt project the other day using a "cheater panel" to make a wallhanging with a firefighting theme. I thought I'd give it to the Alamosa fire department to use for a fundraiser or hang in the firehouse.

When I sew in our rig it get pretty congested inside. Here is a photo of how I find a way to sew on the road.

I make a "design wall" by taking a piece of flannel and hang it over the freezer door and then shut it to hold. Then I place my iron on the stove heating up with a cut piece of teflon covered pad by the coffee pot. My sewing machine is set up on the dining room table and my cutting board is on the kitchen island. Everything has to stay out while I'm working on a project, which usually is a few days. It makes it hard to make lunch or dinner when I'm working on a project, but Jim is very, very tolerant and never objects to eating out on those days, so I can continue to sew.....bless his heart!
We plan on leaving this area later this week or early next week so Jim and I are going to visit a couple of places before hand. So Daytona and Tarpon Springs are trips in the future. More photos later.....yes, I know, I haven't posted about Disney World yet, but the text is done; it's getting all the photos inserted that is taking all the time. But soon.....
Remember - you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.