Saturday, December 20, 2008

Entering Florida

Thursday we left Helena (I did add some photos to yesterdays post if you want to go back and view them) and drove a long day to Lake City, Florida, and stayed in another of our favorite campgrounds, Oaks n' Pines, also a Passport America park. It sits right off I-75, but it isn't too noisy. They have an enclosed area for the dogs to run around...puppies sure liked that. Didn't take any photos....don't know why....keep forgetting.
Left Lake City and headed down I-75 to Bushnell, arriving about 1pm. We had a wonderful welcoming committee with Joe and Marcia Jones and Paul and Connie Anderson waiting for us at the entrance. Escapees Sumpter Oaks Campground is very pretty and we like it a lot. I'll take more photos today and post them tomorrow.
The weather is perfect; temps from 75-79 degrees, blue skies and gorgeous. I had to change into shorts when we arrived to be comfortable. My bones are finally warming up.
We went into town and bought some groceries and looked around town a bit. We keep having to buy groceries here and there as I have the freezer filled with regional foods we wanted to savour in the future. So we have roasted hot green chiles from New Mexico (there are only mild chiles available in the cans), pork link sausage from Coffeyville that we really liked, then, of course, the shrimp, grouper and red snapper from Gulf Shores, Alabama. So when we want to eat just real food we have to go grocery shopping. Last night we felt like eating tacos so we had to go buy hamburger. Tonight I'm making a Mexican casserole - want to come over and join us for dinner?
Well, I slept in this morning till 9 am, and it is time to get dressed and join the world outside, so I'll say so long for now, and remember - you are loved!

2 comments:

  1. What a change from Coffeyville, huh? I'm experiencing pretty much the same in San Diego; it's so nice to be WARM again. RVs just aren't designed for frigid weather, at least IMVHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been following your Coffeyville/Amazon experiences from afar and just found your neat blog.

    Sounds like a real commitment was made by all to make the Amazon thing work for them.

    Written from Northern California where it's overcast and 52F at the moment by Chuck

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.