Wednesday, December 31, 2008

08 New Year's Eve Catching up

Yea, I am one of those types of people who think you need to tie up things before the end of the year - so you start the new year off clean and clear! That said I have a week's worth of activities and photos to post today. So bear with me and let us begin.




Here are some photos of this wonderful park we are in, Sumter Oaks, in Bushnell, Florida, where the weather has been fantastic being in the 80s most days.






On one side of the park we have mules....there's even a baby mule second from left.









Then on the other side of the park (where Jim and I are parked) there is a pair of Sandhill Cranes who have the run of the park. They walk around freely and everywhere; actually they come walk up quite close to you - it's very special.




The first day we arrived Joe and Marcia brought out The Margarator with Joe's dad, Butch, Paul and Connie joining in.










Connie made a real unusual, but delicious snack. It looks weird but try it for yourself. It's made with a Ritz cracker, spread with peanut butter, add a little chopped onion, yes, onion, and top that with a squirt of catsup, yup, I said ketchup (yes-I had to look at the bottle in the refrigerator for the correct spelling). But when you pop the whole thing in your mouth it is a very, very nice blend of tastes.




One of the nights Joe, Marcia and another couple, Tom and Sharon, took us to a very cute restaurant called Kracker Shack which is located in Werda-Hecamiat RV Park. You pronounce it where-the-heck-am-i-at. Isn't that the cutest thing? It really is a not-so-good-looking shack, but the food is wonderful.


They specialize in fish (all fried, unfortunately) with shrimp, cod, and scallops, along with pork chops, meat loaf and sandwiches. You can get full or half orders at very reasonable prices. Jim had a half order of shrimp which was four huge butterflied shrimp, paid $9.99 with fries and seasoned green beans and he couldn't finish it all. I got the half-order of fish and received three x eight inch pieces of battered cod with pickled beets and fried okra and couldn't finish it either. We WILL go back for sure.


OK, I didn't put in the photos of Webster, Florida's Flea Market, but that's a post all to itself, so I'll to it separately.


Oh, oh, Bob and Molly Pinner arrived in the area yesterday and came over to Paul and Connie and we all visited. I adopted Bob as my Sixth Husband, with Molly's permission - yes, I have been married five times - and we haven't seen the Pinner's since last February in Laughlin, Nevada, where we spent a few days together. It was great to be all together again.


Oh, oh, oh, Smokey and Pam Ridgley just, just pulled into Sumter Oaks. They have been up north in the cold, cold weather and have finally made it to the warmth of Florida.


Boy, are we going to have a great Happy Hour and New Year's Eve party tonight! Heard The Margarator is coming to the party with Joe and Marcia. Too bad I can't drink anymore (elevated liver function) but I might sneak one to celebrate the beginning of 2009.


Well, Happy New Year to all of you. May you be loved and fulfilled all year long. Remember - you are loved!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. If anyone tries the crackers and you don't like them, blame my mother-in-law :-)It took me about 15 years to try them!!! I'm always amazed at the positive response

    Connie

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.