Monday, May 25, 2009

Still alive

It's been ten days since I posted to this blog....oh, my, too long. But we are fine and up to our campsite in Big Meadows, ten miles from the top of Wolf Creek Pass, if you know the area. We don't have Verizon cell phone or aircard reception up there so I have to come down to the coffee shop in South Fork to get online.

We are doing fine...had a lot of work to do to get ready for the opening of our campgrounds, but we had 32 of our 53 sites filled for opening day, last Friday, so that was good. We've been busy sorting through old paperwork, boxes and boxes of old uniforms and torn signs, but it's all cleaned up and organized now. That definitely makes me feel better.

It has been raining for 5 straight days and it is getting pretty depressing. I want to get out and walk and visit campers. I completely adorn sitting outside under the awning and knitting, reading and chatting with folks.

I'll try to upload some photos next time....promise.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bobbi & Jim...we remember going up to the ski resort parking lot right before Wolf Creek Pass last year to get cell and air card service. Bet you hate not having them all of the time but oh my, what an absolutely gorgeous area!! How has the fishing been, Jim? Are Rich and Terri working with you? Have a great summer... sending lots of hugs, C&J

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.