Friday, May 1, 2009

Knitted Sweater

I finished putting together the first sweater I've ever knitted. I think it came out pretty good for a first try. It is acrylic and very warm. It will serve me well up in the mountains.

Tomorrow my friend Salai and I are going to Walsenburg - an hours drive east and will spend the day at Etla's Yarn Shoppe just knitting around the table. Etla's husband runs the coffee shop next door, so we are set. Give me soft yarn and a latte and I'm good to go. Really looking forward to be knitting with other people!

I put in our paperwork to return to amazon.com to work Oct - Dec. There is a new rv park that was just built, right across the street from the amazon.com fulfillment center. So we made tentative reservations to park there for our stay. The best park about that is there will be laundry facilities on premises and also a commons area for folks to use. That will be nice for get togethers and maybe potlucks, coffee, etc. It will sure bring all of us closer together.

Weather here has been wonderful the last couple of days - in the high 70s with clear blue skies. And being at 7,500 feet elevation the night skies are blazing with stars at night; really gorgeous. We grilled salmon last night and tonight it will be barbeque chicken. Love the good weather when we can grill every night.

Remember, you are loved!

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! You're going back to Amazon! Way to go you guys! And Bobbie, nice sweater. Isn't it cool to make something new! C&J

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.