Wednesday, September 9, 2015

This Blog is Dead

As you can see I have not been updating this blog for a long time…..so it is time to close it down. 

I started this blog shortly after we went on the road as fulltime RVers in 2007.  It was a way to make a record for us of our travels and activities….and photos of many meals.  We were very pleased to find many others liked to read our blog.

However, now that we have slowed down our travels, bought a condo in Sun City where we will spend our winters and summer in south-central Colorado, there doesn’t seem much to blog about.

To be honest, it takes a lot of time to put up a blog post.  For me it took a good two hours each time uploading the photos, editing them, placing them in a table or tilting the photos and then writing copy. 

I’m getting older and want to spend my time reading, knitting, socializing, volunteering and taking naps.  Pretty boring stuff to blog about.  Plus most of our friends are on Facebook and blogs don’t seem to be “the thing” any more.

So, dear friends, thank you ALL for your attentiveness to this blog….I’m glad you have enjoyed it….time to move on. 

I’m on Facebook under Bobbie Chapman, Bobbie 2015 so if you choose, you can keep up with me on there. 

So long…..

Remember, oh please, do remember, you are loved!!!
Read the story behind this saying HERE

9 comments:

  1. Bobbie, I so understand! I've always enjoyed your blog, but the inspiration of traveling is what makes those 2+ hours per post fun, isn't it? Though I don't comment often, I still follow what you are up to on Facebook. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget the story you provided about being loved and I shared it with many appreciative folks, so thank you for that and wonderful stories and photos you provided. We almost got to work together, didn't we? That would have been fun. Thanks. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will truly be missed as we have been following you for a number of years. You may consider periodic blog post because some people don't do Facebook and blogs are still a great way of documenting things for personal use and sharing with others.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was startled to read that the blog is over but your reasons had me nodding my head in affirmation. Do more of what makes you happy, and know that YOU are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will miss your blog and the people you and Jim met. It was alway so fun to read about them. It was like I was meeting them for the first time and getting to know them before I got the chance to get out there and really meet them. You introduced me to Nick and Terry Russell and Jamie Hall Bruznick, I know spelling. I can't wait to really meet these people for real. I got my motorhome out of the shop today and she is purring like a kitten. Got a campout next weekend with the Green Country Winnies, trying to break in slowly since my accident. Hope to see you in January when I go to Arizona for the Escapee Rally. Take care. Love and Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always looked forward to your posts and they will be missed. We will still see ya down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog will be missed. Enjoyed it alot. Especially the southern Co blogs and photos. That was where I spent alot of time and enjoyed seeing and hearing about. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ηі, I Ԁо think thiѕ іs ɑ ցreat blog.

    Ι stumbledupon іt ;) I will revisit once agɑin since i ɦave bookmarked it.

    Money ɑnd freedom is tɦe ƅest ᴡay to chɑnge, may you bе rich and continue
    tо help otheг people.

    Here is mү blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_d412iWsmk

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.