Monday, July 27, 2009

Jim's four-wheel trip






Jim and Jay Carter (one of our Escapee RV Club friends) went together for a four-wheel trip to Ouray. This is an annual trip Jim makes with his two brothers - they've done it for some 30 years.




I don't think it is fun to get scared to death high up on a mountain with extremely cliffs a long way down!!! So I stayed and took care of the campground. Luckily my friend, Salai, came up and spent the weekend with me to help me out. It was a good call as we were very, very busy and Salai was a great help. Thanks, Salai.
Jay had a ball - he said it was an experience of a lifetime and one he will never forget. Jim said he could tell when the trek made Jay a little nervous as Jay would take a hold of the grab bar and say "oh, boy, oh boy" repeadily!!















The high mountain flowers were in full bloom and Jim took some great photos.

















They had a great time and the sights were as pretty as ever. Salai and I had a great time also with knitting and enjoying iced coffees in the afternoon.

Weather is pretty perfect here in South Fork with days in 80's and nights in 50's. We're having nice short rain showers in the after which keeps down the dust - that's a good thing.

Off to take the laundry out of the dryers so I'll close for now. Remember - you are all loved!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Bobbie and Jim, I remember last year when Jim was talking about his annual dare-devil jeep ride. Glad he made it through this year's ride okay, too! Remember, you are loved.... :) J&C

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.