Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day Two-Colorado Chapter Rally

Another great day at the Rally with eight ladies gathering for crafts. There was interest in recycling all those Walmart grocery bags into wine/water carriers, totes or purses.

In the afternoon eight of the ladies decked out in red and purple went across the freeway to Max's Restaurant for a modified Tea. Actually it was coffee, iced tea and homemade pies. The winning pie was a Lemon Crunch that looked like a lemon curd topped with a streusel topping. But I was happy with my blackberry cobbler.

Once again the Hobo Stew we had last night came out wonderful. It is so interesting that no matter WHAT you put into it or WHO is doing the cooking, Hobo Stew is always tasty and filling. Put that together with chucks of French bread and we had a great meal, complete with brownies for dessert. After dinner I called it a night and turned in although others stayed and played cards and Mexican train.

It rained off and on yesterday and was chilly. Hopefully today we'll get some sunshine and warmth; I'd like to try out the swimming pool.

Well, I'm off for the donut run for our breakfast this morning. I forgot the cable for our camera, so can't upload any of the photos I've been taking. I'll do that after I get home tomorrow.

Remember, you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.