Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Good Vegan Lunch

The other day we had lunch at Rogue Ale Public House in Depoe Bay, Oregon.  I have been deviating from my flexitarian diet a lot and want to get back to being more of a vegetarian eater.  So I ordered their Black Bean Salad with Quinoa. The Black Bean Salad had corn, red pepper, scallions with cumin and lime juice. It sat on a round molded bed of quinoa covered with slices of avocado.  It was sensational!!! 

I wanted to duplicate it as an easy “go to” lunch.  So here is my version.  It isn’t nearly as pretty as the restaurant, but it was every bit as tasty.  I’ve had it twice now and it just gets better with age.

CIMG8646

Remember, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.