Monday, December 14, 2009

Breaking Records

This last week we at amazon.com broke all kinds of records! In Receiving we processed 1.3 million pieces of merchandise just last WEEK. And we shipped 1.4 million pieces of merchandise. That was a record.

Then last Thursday when Bill and Lesle worked overtime the Receiving Dept processed 230,000 pieces in one day....another record busted.

So business is really good!!!

Many workampers have left this last week. So to try and encourage people to stay amazon is making it worth our while to work overtime this week. If you work 55 hours this week you will get a $100 gift card. So you get $16.50 for 11 hours plus $100 - that's $281.50 each or for a couple that's $562 for just working that ONE SHIFT. Too, too good to pass up, so Jim and I will plan on working five shifts of 11 hours this week.

We are doing pretty well; we are recovering with a good day's sleep; but come 4 am with one hour to go you get pretty tired and your back is sore.

I looked down last week at about 4:30 am and saw my shoe lace was untied. My first thought was "oh, that's a long way down"! I laughed out loud when I realized what I was thinking. Jim has dropped a pen and stood there and looked at it on the floor. When I asked him what he was doing he said "I'm trying to decide whether it is worth stooping down to pick it up or just forget it". You think those things when your back is killing you.

Weather has been cooperating lately. We've haven't had our pipes froze again, so that's good. Days are bright and in the 40s. We usually have to scrape off the frost from the car's windows when we leave work, but the rig is staying warm and cozy.

Well, it's 6 am so it is time to go to bed. Remember, you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments so please take a moment and say HI or something so I know someone is reading this thing.